(Currently unavailable until further notice)
At Simply Ayurveda we have created a haven of calm and stillness in the Scottish Highlands where you can come on retreat and leave the busy demands and distractions of life behind so you can relax, recharge and
Our aim is that you leave, feeling nurtured, re balanced, restored and refreshed ready to continue with your life at home with the new found knowledge and practical tools to help guide and support you on your path to natural wellness.
In order to tailor your retreat to your specific needs and requirements, an Initial Consultation is required at least a few weeks before your retreat in person or via facebook/skype. Following your consultation you will receive a pre-reteat Personalised Treatment Plan with guidelines and recipes for you to follow in order to prepare your body for receiving treatments and therapies. You will also receive a post-retreat Personalised Plan for you to follow on your return home. Regular guidance and support is available pre and post retreat via e -mails and telephone calls.
Your personalised retreat programme is designed to cleanse and rejuvenate your mind and body and includes the following:
* Private yoga classes may also be arranged at extra cost, payable directly to the yoga teacher (subject to availability).
Please inform at time of booking if you would like this to be arranged.
What to Expect
A typical day on your retreat may look like this but is subject to change according to your individual needs and requirements;
* The price of retreat with us at Simply Ayurveda is £250 per person per day, (minimum 2 night stay). We welcome a maximum of two guests (weekends/short retreats) to ensure that you have space and peace to be still and so that we can provide you with the support and guidance you need on your path to natural wellness.
*Additional nights accomodation, if required, is charged at £80.00 including evening meal/breakfast.
* Additional therapies may be available at extra cost (time permitting), from our extensive range of Ayurvedic therapies
* Private transport can be arranged for your arrival and/or departure, at extra cost;
- Elgin train station - £15.00 (each way)
- Inverness airport - £70.00 (each way)
Daily walks are encouraged in the beautiful surronding countryside and forests and a visit to the local Pluscarden Abbey is always a favourite where you can listen to the resident Benedictine monks chanting. https://www.pluscardenabbey.org
Locally, there are many stunning places to visit and activities that you may be interest in, depending on what you want to get out of your retreat. The places of interest listed below are local but require transport. Private transport can be arranged for local excursions at an extra cost of £25.00 per trip. Admission costs and activity charges are additional to your retreat package.
Excursions further afield can be arranged on request.
Local places of interest and activities include;
- Roseisle beach and woods
- Hopeman beach
- Burghead beach
- Lossiemouth beach
- Findhorn beach
- Millbuies Loch
- Nelson Tower http://www.forresheritage.org/index.asp?pageid=240129
- Horseriding lesson or beach rides http://www.equusscotland.co.uk/equus/
- Findhorn eco village and community https://www.ecovillagefindhorn.com
- Dolphin and whale watching http://www.north58.co.uk
- Art classes at Moray Art Centre, Findhorn http://www.morayartcentre.org/classes
- Bird watching at Loch Spynie http://ww2.rspb.org.uk/reserves-and-events/events-dates-and-inspiration/events/details.aspx?id=tcm:9-261018
Whether you want to retreat and rest after receiving luxuriously healing Ayurvedic treatments, cocooning yourself in the comforting and healing arms of nature here in Pluscarden or spread your wings and explore some of the stunning local sights, we are very happy to design your retreat around your own personal requirements.
I believe in miracles since meeting Lisa.
I was constantly tired, overweight, very unfit, sleeping badly and suffering from pains in my hips and knees due inter alia to osteoarthritis. My excess weight, bad diet and lack of excercise were exasperating the pain.
My initial consultation with Lisa started about six weeks before embarking on a 10-day retreat at Pluscarden. I was immediately impressed with the amount of advice, support and encouragement I received and the time Lisa took to guide me through my pre-treatment program.
Wester Stoneyfield is an absolute haven of peace and I was made to feel at home straight away. The daily treatments are bliss and the quality of care outstanding. Lisa worked non-stop to provide me with the most enjoyable and beneficial experience and was totally attentive to my needs. However, I never got the impression that Lisa viewed looking after me as work. It is clear that she is absolutely committed and passionate about Ayurveda and really cares about her clients' well-being.
Although part of the reason for my retreat was to lose weight, the meals were really delicious. There are no left-overs at Wester Stoneyfield; all food is freshly cooked and Lisa is very generous in sharing her recipes.
I could never have imagined the benefits I would gain on completion of my Ayurveda retreat, some of which include:
no pain in my hips and knees; my ankles are no longer swollen; my blood pressure is lower; I am not so stiff when I get up in the morning; I am able to get in and out of the bath again; I am able to get down onto the floor and up again unaided (which will not only help me in my daily life but will enable me to go to Pilates and/or Yoga classes); an overall weight loss of 13 kgs (2 stone); and I wake up seldom during the night.
Lisa came recommended to me and I, in turn, cannot recommend her highly enough. The retreat exceeded my expectations and I plan to return in the summer.
Thank you Lisa.
Ann, 64, Bedfordshire, England